June 27-29, 2018
We invite researchers to submit scientific work on, but not limited to, one of the following main themes of ICSLA 2018:
- Sign language acquisition as L1 & L2
- Bimodal bilingualism
- Language disorders (e.g., SLI)
- Use of sign language in atypical populations (e.g., children with Autism, Down syndrome)
- Role of gesture in sign language acquisition (L1 & L2)
- Cognitive and neural underpinnings of sign language acquisition
- Use of multimedia & technology
- Homesign, village sign languages, emerging sign languages
- Crosslinguistic aspects of sign acquisition
- Late sign language acquisition
- Links between social development and sign language acquisition
- Sign language acquisition in the context of cochlear implants
- Role of input (native & nonnative)
We also invite abstracts for the special session “The use of technology and media in sign language learning and teaching”. Submissions regarding this session will be evaluated separately.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINE
- Abstracts should include no more than 500 words.
- You are allowed to add 5 tables and figures.
- You can add 5 keywords.
- All submissions are to be made through the online system you can reach via conference program web site.
- The deadline for abstract submissions is December 29, 2017. All deadline times are UTC-11 by midnight.
- Abstract submissions can be done in English or Turkish.
EVALUATION OF ABSTRACTS
At least two reviewers will rate the submissions on originality (e.g., is the work original? Does it present new data?) and academic quality (e.g., is the research question clear and well-motivated? Is the previous work well-cited? Is the method clearly explained and well-suited for the research questions? Is the paper written clearly and organized well? Does the paper have the potential to attract the attention of the attendees at ICSLA 2018?). The organizing committee reserves the right to reject abstracts to keep the balanced distribution of the topics in the conference program. Abstracts not accepted for oral presentations will be considered for poster presentations. Deadline for notification of acceptance is set to February 15, 2018. The notification will be sent only to first authors. If a submission is accepted, at least one author of the submission must register by April 14, 2018 (i.e., the deadline of the Early Bird registration).